18.5.08

80+km on a singlespeed

Beautiful day today, made a family visit for a birthday, took the train part way, biked the remainder, and then all the way back, biking, against the wind, on my new singlespeed.



-These be the new wheels - one gear is all you need, really, it is. Um, current count now has me in possession of 3 bikes here, I thought storing all 3 downstairs in our storage just seemed greedy, plus the new bike looks pretty.



-Current state of my place - just to show what it looks like now that I've settled in (and a less zoomed in view of the new wheels).



-Panoramic view from my room - nice weather means more foliage, and nicer shots.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is super cool. Your apartment is looking really nice. I like that you posted the panoramic view.

Also, yay for nice weather. I got my bike out the other day and I had forgotten how much I enjoyed touring around. Not quite up to 80km, yet though. So much fun. Lucky you, three bikes.

Hope things are well, B

will.i.am said...

Yay for bikes!
Way to go B!

daniellegrace said...

nice feng shui, van beek! i also approve of the liberal use of green. fixed gear, eh? you're not gonna go all bike-messenger-hardcore on us, are you? or worse yet... hipster!? (you don't have ray-bans, do you? tell me those aren't in in the lowlands...)

also - you are a panoramamaniac. thanks for the updates!

topher said...

ah ha ha ha. i'm hopefully picking up my 3rd this week.