22.8.08

My 42hour 3 day work weekend

Week before friday past (the 15th), used up some overtime hours to take the day off. And clever me, I took the day off to work my part time gig ("catering" for special events). The venue was Lowlands (large open air concert), and I had to take the train there friday morning, leaving at 05:41. I worked 3 days of 0700-2000, and then got to take in some concerts after each day/on break.

Acts I caught while working the event:
-The Kooks
-Roisin Murphy
-Franz Ferdinand
-Underworld
-Sigur Rós

The highlight of the weekend for me was seeing Sigur Rós play.



-Jónsi (guitar/lead vocals) bowing his guitar



-5 piece brass ensemble - Apparently these guys have been touring with Sigur Rós for a bit, and this was one of (or) the last events that they're playing together for a while, them as well as the strings (which I think was Amiina).



-Cool snowy stage effect + lights



-One of the last numbers for the evening - If I had my laptop now, I'd be able to reference all the songs from my playlist, alas...

I tried to upload some video, but that was taking wayyyyy too long.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello there..
Since when are you doing catering for special events.. very cool. that sounds like a lot of fun. especially at concerts. I am sooo glad you were able to come back to canada for my wedding.. it was a great time and I am so glad you could be there. Hope all is well.
Stacey