30.10.09

Can con

Bought a(nother) album this week (legal download, for real!), and it's another Canadian (as it seems they are the only ones I actually buy). Listening to podcasts from CBC's R3, as well as Q, I think I keep myself fairly well up on the scene going on in Canada (otherwise somebody let me know what I'm not up on).



-The Album I bought - Dan Mangan - Nice, Nice, Very Nice

A really great album through and through. I like all the tracks, of course there are some notable ones that have got some play time on R3, namely Sold, and Robots (I think at least). Other tracks I like: Basket, Fair Verona, Road Regrets, Robots, Sold, The Indie Queens are waiting, and especially because of the strings, I really like You Silly Git.

He did an interview, and played some music on Q on Thursday October 22nd 2009 (just last week, I think I had already bought the album before this, just)

Beyond this, as for me and my obsession with Canadian indie music, I bought 2 tickets to catch Patrick Watson at Paradiso in Amsterdam on the 30th of November. Hopefully I'll find somebody to go with by then.

No comments: