1.12.09

Quite possibly the most best show evah!

Monday night I caught Patrick Watson and the Wooden Arms at Paradiso in Amsterdam, with opening act Thus Owls (from Sweden).

The show was amazing! I'm already a big Patrick Watson fan to begin with, but this was also my first time catching a live performance by him. He really has a great stage presence - is funny/comical, relaxed, and ad libs pretty good too.

The sound was also really really good. Hmm, adjectives to describe the sound (in my mind at least): haunting (but not in a scary way), nostalgic (in a by gone era kinda way), dreamy, experimental, orchestral, playful. Yeah, it's a unique sound, and a bunch of different songs have their own character too.

I found a few Youtube vids from the show. I didn't record anything myself, but just enjoyed the show. (just a note, these vids were quite likely recorded with Iphones, so the sound quality isn't that great, but not too bad either)

Patrick Watson - Tracy's Waters



Patrick Watson - Big Bird in a Small Cage

No comments: