24.6.11

My Ride #5 - Finished!

And just in time too!  Finished it today (excluding some wiring), and this past Wednesday was my last day of work.  I'm very grateful for being able to use the shop here yesterday and today, despite the fact I wasn't really working here any more.  Now to determine what's happening with it before I leave to Canada on the 29th (and then Sweden at the end of August).


-Gazelle Primeur Special - In this case, very special I'd say.  The result of some 2 months of slow progress, hours spent after work in the shop, gradually curating parts and working out details, and also going through the time consuming (internal) debate as to whether or not to make the bike a belt drive bicycle.  I'm pretty happy with the results.


-Very classic - Also grateful to my colleague Bas for taking these nice studio shots for me


-Rear fender detail - Part of my choice on this type of bike, was how I like how the rear light and reflector are so nicely integrated into the rear fender


-Quality components - Part of my going away present from work, the Brooks B232 Team Pro Saddle


-Quality and timeless - another part of my going away present from work, the Brooks Plump Leather Grips


-Nostalgia - part of the look, the Basta Horseshoe lock


-Detail shot - just beautiful (if I do say so myself)


-Custom Gazelle - the polished logo I had made through Shapeways rapid prototyping


-Classic beauty - in my eyes at least (lots of work, especially on the fenders, as not everything went hunky-dory according to plan, with stuff coming back from the powdercoaters with holes, as the sandblasting went through the rest, so things had to be adjusted - add onto that other new components that didn't fit as they were supposed to, needing some extra finishing up to make it all work)

5 comments:

daniellegrace said...

Wow - so beautiful, Will! That photography is amazing. Hope you get some temperate weather up North to ride it in. :)

Big Daddy C said...

Wow - great job buddy and uber jealous and envious of your skillz and to show off your new ride - i'd say everything happened they way it did for a reason and in the end came out perfect. Great story behind every part; places so much more meaning in it's compilation.

Esther said...

SO! What a beauty! Goed gedaan, mooie details en zadel en handvatten zien er super uit op deze fiets! Hopelijk heb je er veel plezier van daar!

Bas said...

Awesome job, William! Love every detail of it. Have fun with it in Sverige!

Michael said...

Hi,
Could you tell me what kind of lock you installed? Or is it the old one stripped of all plastic?
Thanks,
Michael