24.6.13

Life in Örebro (Swedish Experiences)

Random Swedish happenings and shenanigans while I lived in Örebro that add to the whole Swedish experience.


Örebro Slott - not a super exciting winters day in Örebro, but the castle still is nice.


Walpurgisnacht (Walpugis Night) - Big night in Sweden, and in this shot, a choir singing in front of Örebro Slott, with the bonfire on the water.


Fireworks Walpurgisnacht Finale



Free kanelbullar (cinnamon buns) at Maskin Expo - mmm Swedish



Swedish Countryside - on the way back from Maskin Expo near Arlanda.


As Swedish as it gets - On the Swedish National Holiday (June 6th), I helped my friend and co-worker Nirvana get some new furniture and move into her new place. Björn, another friend and co-worker let us borrow his Volvo 740. Took about 45 minutes to pack the car seen here - it was kinda like Tetris. Nirvana was a bit sceptical it would all fit, but my sunny optimism won her over.


Bland Sallad - Sure it makes sense in Swedish, but when you read it as an English speaker, well, it does seem bland (aptly named?)


Last day of work - my final day of Internship at Atlas Copco, and we (me and some of the summer interns and new employees) got to go down to the test mine to check out some drill rigs in action.


Rocheforte 10 - Ok, so not so Swedish, but this is one of my all-time favourite beers, and to find it only a week or so before leaving Örebro had me asking myself how I hadn't found this pub earlier.


Svenske Midsommar (Swedish Midsummer) - kinda the biggest event of the year in Sweden, time to enjoy the longest day of the year, the endless (if it's a sunny day) sunlight, as well as great Swedish food and drink. This garden party was at Björn's.


Midsommar på Örebro slott - my final days in Örebro before taking my Canadian summer vacation, and moving on to the next place and adventure in August. I think this was as dark as it got that evening.



Örebro C - departing Örebro

No comments: