6.12.07

Double Dutch

Alright it's a back to back posting, since it's been a while-ish since I posted, and I wanted to keep Sinterklaas separate from my other meanderings.


-Typical Dutch - some kinda pastoral dutch landscape I suppose, looks kinda nice. I was taking note at the time of how manicured the landscape is across the whole of the country. Pretty much everywhere, things are placed and pruned and looked after. Not too much wilderness in this country. The bicycle paths (like the one I'm standing on) are a very welcome thing. I do love bicycling.


-Walking with Max - out on a walk with my grandparents dog. Nice path, more manicured areas, makes for nice pics. (these were from a while ago now - 24th Nov)


-"Slot Well" - essentially, just the local castle in the town where the family's from. Quaint, not too big for a castle, but still has a moat.


-Gatehouse and gates


-What's the goat equivalent to "bah-ram-ewe"? These goats were pasturing next to the castle on the slope of the dike. Curious little guys they were.


-Homes built from bricks, not wood, not crappy drywall over some shoddy construction, but bricks - this is how you get solid long lasting construction! Notice the only wood being used here is for the roof rafters. Ok, I'm not against wood construction, but drywall is crappy, it's the drywall I'm damning.


-Not my train, but a train passing by - view from work overlooking rooftop patio/balcony, overlooking street-front, looking onto train-tracks.


-Yet another covert photo from work - it's really a nice work environment. Far left is the stairs down to the landing, with stairs to ground level leading off the bottom of the pic.

Hmm, one final note/thought, when blogging, does one write comments on one's own blog in response to other comments, or just make a new blog entry in response to the comments?

4 comments:

Jacco said...

Nice pics.

I do believe it is kosher to post a comment yourself to reply a comment. That seems to be the general practise.

Stacey Black said...

So man, looks like you are having a blast.. one absolutely post back comments because then everyone can read your response. 2 as per under eye situations there are many products that can help but the key is which ones will work without giving you some horrible reaction like when it says, allergy tested etc.. not the case for everyone, like me with super fragile, sensitive skin. There is a produce from Clinique called "All about eyes" which is supposed to reduce circles and puffiness. Umm my advice is to go to a Bay or something and talk to the skin girls any they will recommend something.
Ohh yes I also aggree with Danielle, sleep is affective, and also increasing your water intake and sweating .. as much as possible. Weird thing is .. if you are healthy on the inside you look more healthy on the outside. .crazy

Stacey Black said...

Ohhh just to note,., Clinique product, made my skin more puffy and red and itchy.. not cool..
But it worked well for my sisters skin which is not so allergic to stuff.

will.i.am said...

Thanks Stacey, I think my first shot on the eyes is Danielle's advice of sleep, which I do enjoy so much. 2nd choice, maybe Topher's idea, and 3 is yours. :)